We are delighted that Jesper Cockx will join TU Delft Programming Languages group as assistant professor starting December 1, 2019.
The PL group has an open position for a PhD student in the area of language engineering.
The PL group has an opening for an assistant or associate professor in programming languages (applications are due September 1, 2019)
Eduardo Amorim successfully defended his dissertation Declarative Syntax Definition for Modern Language Workbenches and was awarded the degree of doctor.
The paper “Scopes and Frames Improve Meta-Interpreter Specialization” by Vlad Vergu, Andrew Tolmach, and Eelco Visser has been accepted at ECOOP 2019.
Oracle donates $100K to support research on Flexible, Composable, and Incremental Compiler Pipelines
Congratulations to Sebastian Erdweg with his new position as Associate Professor at the Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz.
The paper “Towards Language-Parametric Semantic Editor Services based on Declarative Type System Specifications” by Daniël Pelsmaeker, Hendrik van Antwerpen, and Eelco Visser has been accepted at ECOOP 2019.
Daco Harkes successfully defended his PhD thesis Declarative Specification of Information System Data Models and Business Logic and was awarded the degree of doctor.
March 7, 2019
February 24, 2019
- Dissertation Daco Harkes available in print
Janary 1, 2019
- Welcome to Casper Bach Poulsen as new assistant professor in the Programming Languages Group.
August 24, 2018
three papers accepted at SLE 2018:
Declarative specification of indentation rules: A tooling perspective on parsing and pretty-printing layout-sensitive languages by Eduardo Amorim, Michael Steindorfer, Sebastian Erdweg, and Eelco Visser
Migrating custom DSL implementations to a language workbench: An industrial tool demonstration by Jasper Denkers, Louis van Gool, and Eelco Visser
Migrating business logic to an incremental computing DSL: A case study by Daco Harkes, Elmer van Chastelet, and Eelco Visser
August 16, 2018
- Paper Scopes as Types by Hendrik van Antwerpen, Casper Bach Poulsen, Arjen Rouvoet, and Eelco Visser accepted for OOPSLA 2018. The artifact accompanying the paper has also been accepted as Functional and Reusable
July 23, 2018
July 18, 2018
- Congratulations to Robbert Krebbers for his NWO Veni grant for Verified programming language interaction
July 6, 2018
- Paper “Specializing a Meta-Interpreter” by Vlad Vergu and Eelco Visser accepted for ManLang 2018
July 5, 2018
- Paper Scopes as Types by Hendrik van Antwerpen, Casper Bach Poulsen, Arjen Rouvoet, and Eelco Visser conditionally accepted for OOPSLA 2018
July 3, 2018
- Paper “Scalable Incremental Building with Dynamic Task Dependencies” by Gabriël Konat, Sebastian Erdweg, and Eelco Visser accepted for ASE 2018
February 5, 2018
- Paper PIE: A Domain-Specific Language for Interactive Software Development Pipelines by Gabriël Konat, Michael J. Steindorfer, Sebastian Erdweg and Eelco Visser accepted for ‹Programming› 2018
February 5, 2018
- Paper Towards Zero-Overhead Disambiguation of Deep Priority Conflicts by Luís Eduardo de Souza Amorim, Michael J. Steindorfer and Eelco Visser accepted for ‹Programming› 2018
January 1, 2018
December 19, 2017
- Paper PixieDust: Declarative Incremental User Interface Rendering through Static Dependency Tracking by Nick ten Veen, Daco Harkes and Eelco Visser accepted for WWW 2018 track on Web Programming
September 26, 2017
- Paper Intrinsically Typed Definitional Interpreters for Imperative Languages by Casper Bach Poulsen, Arjen Rouvoet, Andrew Tolmach, Robbert Krebbers, and Eelco Visser accepted at POPL 2018 [video] [paper]
August 11, 2017
- Paper “The Semantics of Name Resolution in Grace” by Vlad Vergu and Eelco Visser accepted at DLS 2017
August 4, 2017
- Paper: “Deep Priority Conflicts in the Wild — A Pilot Study” by Eduardo Amorim, Michael Steindorfer, and Eelco Visser accepted at SLE 2017
August 4, 2017
- Paper “FlowSpec: Declarative Dataflow Analysis Specification” by Jeff Smits and Eelco Visser accepted at SLE 2017
July 10, 2017
- Eelco Visser on the OOPSLA 2018 program committee; submission deadline is April 16, 2017; submit interesting papers!
April 26, 2017
April 12, 2017
- Paper IceDust 2: Derived Bidirectional Relations and Calculation Strategy Composition with Daco Harkes accepted at ECOOP 2017
March 6, 2017
- Eelco Visser on the Program Committee of ‹Programming› 2018; submit interesting papers!
February 28, 2017
December 18, 2016
- Eelco Visser on the PC of ProWeb 2017; submit interesting papers!
October 24, 2016
- Proceedings of SPLASH 2016 available from ACM DL.
September 10, 2016
- Paper Teaching Concepts of Programming Languages with Definitional Interpreters in Scala and the WebLab Learning Management System. An Experience Report to appear at Scala 2016
August 25, 2016
- Paper Bootstrapping domain-specific meta-Languages in language workbenches to appear at GPCE 2016
August 22, 2016
- Paper Principled syntactic code completion using placeholders to appear at SLE 2016
July 8, 2016
- Paper “Software that meets its Intent” to appear at ISoLA 2016
July 6, 2016
- Eelco Visser invited to the program committee of ICSE 2018; submit interesting papers, please!
July 5, 2016
- Presentation Grace in Spoofax: Readable Specification and Implementation in One by Michiel Haise at Grace 2016 workshop in Rome
May 24, 2016
- Robbert Krebbers will join the Programming Languages group as assistant professor in September 2016.
May 17, 2016
April 15, 2016
- Guido Wachsmuth has started in a new position at Oracle Labs Zürich where he has started working on integrating Spoofax and Truffle
April 12, 2016
- Paper IceDust: Incremental and eventual computation of derived values in persistent object graphs accepted at ECOOP 2016
April 4, 2016
- Paper Scopes describe frames: A uniform model for memory layout in dynamic semantics (ECOOP16) accepted at ECOOP 2016
March 11, 2016
- Sebastian Erdweg will join the PL group as assistant professor per April 1, 2016
January 15, 2016
- TU Delft now has an official Programming Languages Group
October 23, 2015
- We are hiring an assistant professor in programming languages
October 21, 2015
September 28, 2015
- Eelco Visser will give a tutorial Declare Your Language (And Run it Too) with the Spoofax Language Workbench at POPL 2016
September 17, 2015
- Technical report: A constraint language for static semantic analysis based on scope graphs
September 7, 2015
- Community survey paper Evaluating and comparing language workbenches. Existing results and benchmarks for the future published in Computer Languages, Systems & Structures journal.
September 5, 2015
August 23, 2015
- SPLASH 2015 poster: Towards a domain-specific content management system for managing large conference websites about conf.researchr.org
August 10, 2015
- Domain-specific language engineering paper on Hacker News
July 10, 2015
- Technical report on language-independent type-dependent name resolution extending our work on scope graphs.
June 13, 2015
- Declare Your Language a book (in progress) on language definition with the Spoofax Language Workbench.
May 19, 2015
- Eelco Visser will give a hands-on tutorial on language definition with Spoofax at the Summer School on DSL Design and Implementation at EPFL in Lausanne on July 13.
April 15, 2015
April 8, 2015
March 4, 2015
December 12, 2014
September 11, 2014
- We have a position for a PhD student in automatic assessment and feeback for online assignments
August 22, 2014
- Eelco Visser will be General Chair of SPLASH 2016
August 3, 2014
- Paper on A language designer’s workbench. A one-stop-shop for implementation and verification of language designs accepted at Onward! 2014
July 1, 2014
- Paper on Unifying and generalizing relations in role-based data modeling and navigation with Daco Harkes accepted at SLE 2014
June 15, 2014
March 17, 2014
- We are organizing a small Symposium on Language Engineering on the occasion of Markus Völter’s PhD thesis defines on June 18, 2014. Download the flyer.
February 21, 2014
- Markus Völter will defend his PhD thesis on “Generic Tools, Specific Languages” at TU Delft on June 18, 2014
February 19, 2014
- Eelco Visser will give a keynote talk on Separation of Concerns in Language Definition at Modularity 2014 in Lugano
February 10, 2014
- Three Spoofax-related presentations at the upcoming Code Generation 2014 conference: Spoofax in industry, a hands-on tutorial, and our submission to the Language Workbench Challenge workshop.
January 20, 2014
- Recordings of talks of symposium on Future of Programming and Inaugural address online
October 9, 2013
- New paper: Understanding Software through Linguistic Abstraction for special issue of Science of Computer Programming on Software Understanding, on the occasion of Paul Klint’s retirement
October 7, 2013
- Eelco Visser invited to give a keynote talk at the software engineering track of ICT.OPEN 2013
September 10, 2013
- Eelco Visser invited to give a talk at the Workshop on Secure Cloud and Reactive Internet Programming Technology (SCRIPT 2013) on Foundations for tier-less web programming in WebDSL
August 15, 2013
- Eelco Visser will hold his inaugural speech as full professor on January 17, 2014
August 3, 2013
- Two papers accepted at SLE 2013:
July 1, 2013
- We will give a tech talk at SPLASH 2013 on interactive language design with the Spoofax language workbench
June 14, 2013
- Eelco Visser Appointed as Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Professor
June 2, 2013
- Open postdoc position in semantics engineering (applications due August 15, 2013)
April 30, 2013
- Open PhD position in programming language verification (applications due June 15, 2013)
March 25, 2013
- Spoofax 1.1 released
March 24, 2013
- Paper on Robust Real-Time Synchronization between Textual and Graphical Editors accepted at ICMT 2013
February 20, 2013
- Integration of Data Validation and User Interface Concerns in a DSL for Web Applications published in SoSyM
February 8, 2013
February 5, 2013
February 1, 2013
- Looking for language engineering researchers
- Eelco Visser has been awarded the prestigious NWO VICI grant for The Language Designer’s Workbench; 1,500,000 Euro for language engineering research!