Discussion about shoulders of giants: related work in research and writing
Date: Wed, February 05, 2020
Room: COLLOQUIUMZAAL 0.E420
Questions that we can discuss:
- How to approach a new topic? Where to start reading?
- How does one delimit the scope of related work? How to prevent it becoming a time sink?
- Why is related work important?
- When do you research related work?
- What are your responsibilities as a master student/phd student/paper author?
- How to make effective use of related work? When is it worth trying to use an existing formalism rather than designing something new?
- How to write a good related work section? Where does it go in a paper?
- Should I discuss related work in a talk? If so, how?
Volker Lanting | Redesigning the Spoofax Testing Language
Next: Jesper Cockx | Checking confluence of rewrite rules in Agda